♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪... .♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪... .♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸.•*¨*•♫♪


♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪... .♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸.•*¨*•♫♪
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪... .♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪... .♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪... .♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪... .♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪... .♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪... .♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪... .♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪... .♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪... .♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Emma and her sisters.

Emma lounging in the backyard.
I mentioned in a much earlier blog that Emma was a stray. She was found in the country around here just wandering.  The people who found her attempted to find the owners for about a month. Nobody answered their ads or postings and they never found one where someone was looking for her.  So after a time (because they couldn't keep her) they contacted our local "no kill" facility to see if they could take her, but they didn't have any room at all for a big dog.  She now weighs 71 pounds. At the time she weighed 61 pounds. So the call went out to all who support this group to see if someone would take her.  I haven't been there for awhile, but I used to go very often and walk the dogs.  I had just had to make the wrenching decision to send my Rosie off where her sister Bonnie had gone just 3 months before. Both were very old and very sick.  I said to myself "no more dogs for awhile". 

Bonnie she left us at age 15





Rosie had to leave at age 13. She had a tumor.  
So I decided just to drive out and see Emma.  She had been described as a somewhat smaller dog. Not that I mind big dogs.  I actually prefer them. So I said "well, I'll foster her until they can find a spot at the facility". That lasted a day.  I decided after I got her home that she wasn't going anywhere.

Before Bonnie and Rosie there was Bear and Sunny. I lived in Florida when I got them. My daughter had just left for college and I decided it was time to get another dog. I hadn't had one for many years.  I adopted Bear when she was about 12 weeks old.  She looked just like a Teddy Bear and that became her name.  Since I was working full time I decided that Bear needed a companion so a few months later I adopted Sunny.

Bear at about 7 years old. 
Sunny at about 6 years old

Sunny was half Golden Retriever and half Yellow Lab. Bear had some German Shepherd in her and I believe a black lab. Sunny was the chubby one, and at one time weighed 90 pounds. Bear weighed about 70..Bonnie weighed about 65 and Rosie was the little one and weighed about 50.  Rosie was half Beagle.  She had so many problems.  Allergies and she was the least friendly of them all. 

I've thought about getting a companion for Emma, but I think for me now that one dog will have to suffice.

I can't imagine not having at least one dog to share my life with..

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing more info about Emma! I love to read adoption stories and will never tire of them! I can see why you said you'd foster her and I can see why you just couldn't imagine your life w/o her either! What a great person you are to give her and all of the other dogs a good home with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree wholeheartedly! I couldn't function without my Henry boy. Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stories where folks take in "unwanted" dogs. We did that for many cats over the years and now our only pets are the bees I need to sell. (allergic to their stings) We were a"stepfamily" for many years to our neighbor's black lab. The neighbor worked long hours so daily I got his dog to come hang out with me and the kids until her master got home.

    ReplyDelete