I decided when I was in Italy that I would spend my time with Italians. There was a conclave (I guess you could call it) of Americans. I could have only done things with Americans, but I wanted the real flavor of the country, I wanted to learn the language and I just became one of them..
Below is a bit of another letter. Just a little flavor of some time spent with my Italian friends.
" Yesterday was a mess. Saturday Lilianna called me and asked if she, Adele, Fernando and Bruno could come over Sunday for a visit. I said sure, why not? Well, Thursday Rosaria and I had planned that Sunday we'd go to the movies and mess around, so naturally I had to call her and ask her if she wanted to come. She said yes, could she bring her brother, Valter. I said yes. Thought we could talk and dance. Saturday night Valter called me and said that some friends or cousins or something had come from Naples and could he bring them. What could I say? I said o.k. Then I called Lilianna and told her how many were coming and she said that also Carlo was coming. (I figured that, since Adele was coming and she likes Carlo). Anyway, I figured that it looked like I was giving a party. Then Umberto, who lives in this building and he's in the air force came home on leave Saturday. I know him fairly well, he took me dancing one night, so I asked him up.
They all came and sat and sat. Just sat and wouldn't do anything. So Valter and I started dancing and I said to the others c'mon and dance. Some started and I said to Adele, why don't you dance. Oh, she said, I don't want to dance. Well, that was fine with me. Then Lilianna started playing the piano and we sang a bit. For awhile that was fine, then the kids who really don't enjoy singing too much wanted to dance.
Carlo sulked in his chair and Adele was sitting on the arm of his chair, comforting him or something. Then Adele asked me for her umbrella (it was raining) and I asked her where she was going. Oh, I have a terrible headache and I want to get a cup of coffee and some air. Finally they all left at 8:30 and Umberto asked me if I wanted to go to the movies. So we went and saw Pillow Talk with Doris Day and Rock Hudson. Was real cute.
These Italians! They wear a person out! "
Friends from that night
Gabriella..Adele..Franco..Bruno's sister..Valter..
In the background are
Anna...Mike..
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪... .♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪... .♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸.•*¨*•♫♪
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪... .♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪... .♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪... .♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪... .♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪... .♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪... .♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪... .♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪... .♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪... .♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪... .♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Your letter would make a great movie. Love reading them.
ReplyDeleteFun post!
ReplyDeleteI love when you share your past. My oldest child wants to go to Italy and I hope he does, I shared your blog with him tonight :)
ReplyDelete